Tuesday 26 November 2013

Water Task..

The three areas of weakness that I worked on…

  • I am able to balance dreams, emotion, will and action: I have started to put my emotions in check by not reacting immediately to a situation. I take the information, internalize it and then take my time evaluate and respond to the same. i have started making notes and points which helps me decide what is the best decision to take in the interest of the task and not because of how i feel. I love to work at ground level and can coordinate and execute any activity to the best of my ability. If in any manner i can contribute and help make the initiative better than i do make suggestions. One thing that anyone i Volunteer will vouch for is that if i have taken up a task to execute i will look into every small detail of it and ensure that it is done properly. 
  • I have the ability to turn dreams into reality: I have picked up one task from all the activities that are identified under my social venture. I have broken down activities further under the same, and where delegation is required, it has been delegated and for myself the tasks are divided across the day on the availability of the people or when it needs to be executed. For the mountaineering project, there is a need to form partnerships at the local level in the villages where we plan to work, at the same time we need to network with the corporates, work on documentation for raising funds, traveling into remote locations etc are just some of the activities have created a check list for the same and on a daily basis ensure the completion of the tasks and meetings by the deadlines. 
  • I try to communicate even when I don’t speak other languages: I have identified friends who speak languages which are critical to the project and I speak with them in limited manner and am planning to take tuitions for the same to ensure that the same improves. Usually whenever i go and stay in a village i always make it a point to learn all important aspects of the langauage and what is required to communicate at a basic level... In India besides English and hindi, i can understand 4 - 5 other languages and communicate with the locals... I have also been in the process of learning portugese as i am into capoeira and we sing in portugese and when Mestres are here we also speak with them in the same language... 

No comments:

Post a Comment